Please read all guidance below and in the Resources section.
If you are interested, please complete an Expression of Interest (EoI) form. This will then be assessed for eligibility, and eligible proposals will be invited to complete and submit a full application form.
Complete the required EoI form below and email to [email protected]. Please submit your EoI as soon as possible. We will assess EoIs on first come, first served basis and, if your project is eligible, you will receive your application form early, giving you more time to prepare and submit your application. The deadline to submit your EoI is noon 2 September 2022.
Transforming Nature - funding stream for projects over £250,000
For ambitious, transformative projects of single or multi-year duration and with a funding requirement in excess of £250,000
Transforming Nature - development stream for projects over £250,000
For applications seeking to fund a development phase for projects over £250,000 under the Transforming Nature stream of the Nature Restoration Fund (NRF).
Further application opportunities
The next application call for the over £250,000 Transforming Nature stream is expected to be in spring 2023. Projects which complete a development phase can submit a Transforming Nature application as soon as it is ready and in advance of that date.
The next application call for the £25,000 to £250,000 Helping Nature stream is expected to be in late autumn 2022.
- Nature Restoration Fund (NRF) 2022 - Transforming Nature - Priorities for Action Guidance
- Nature Restoration Fund (NRF) How to Acknowledge our support for your project Guidance
- Nature Restoration Fund (NRF) Landowner Permission form - statement to be signed by all relevant landowners agreeing to 10 year compliance period for all land management and site improvement works funded through NRF. Completed declarations will need to be sent to the relevant NatureScot Funding Officer or [email protected] prior to any Funding Offer being issued.
- Financial Information and Records Guidance
- NatureScot Standard Terms and Conditions of Funding - you need to read and accept these conditions when you apply.
- Funding Privacy Notice - outlines how our use of personal data complies with data protection law.
If you have any questions on the application process or the fund, please email [email protected] in the first instance.
We may adjust the process or documents in response to feedback from applicants. For version control purposes, changes or updates will be clearly marked on the website. It is the applicants’ responsibility to ensure the most up-to-date versions are used at the time of submission.