Thank you for your interest in the 2019 possible Nature Conservation Marine Protected Areas consultation. We are interested in your views on the further development of the network of marine protected areas in Scottish waters.
Four possible Nature Conservation MPAs (pMPAs) are recommended for designation.
This consultation, led by Marine Scotland and SNH, seeks your views on the following questions:
- Do you support the designation of these possible Marine Protected Areas?
- Do you agree that the scientific evidence presented justifies the case for the designation of each site?
- Do you have any comments on the Conservation and Management Advice for each site?
- Do you have any comments on the Business and Regulatory Impact Assessments for each site?
- Do you have any comments on the Sustainability Appraisal, including the Environmental Report and the Socio-Economic Impact Assessment?
What documents should I read to answer these questions?
To support the consultation process SNH has produced a number of documents which are available for download on the individual site pages.
These documents include:
- a brief, illustrated site summary document
- a data confidence assessment (which sets out the scientific evidence)
- a detailed assessment of the proposal against the MPA Selection Guidelines
- a conservation and management advice document
- a Sustainability Appraisal of the network as a whole, combining environmental, social and economic impacts
- a set of Business and Regulatory Impact Assessments (BRIAs)
SNH and Marine Scotland have also produced answers to Frequently Asked Questions to help answer questions relating to the public consultation on the four pMPAs.
How do I respond and get involved in the consultation?
Marine Scotland are inviting views on the individual pMPAs, their possible impacts and management, as well as on the overall network, on the Scottish Government consultation hub website. Your views on the pMPAs should be submitted by the Friday 30th August 2019.
Thank you for taking the time to respond.
Find out more
Join us at one of our pMPA Consultation drop in sessions around the country.