Nature Restoration Fund - Expressions of Interest must be received by noon on 18 February 2022.
You should read all the documents in the Resources section below. Information for Applicants and Priorities for Action are key guidance documents with detailed information on this funding round.
You should then get in touch with us to discuss your application.
Please email us with an Expression of Interest at NRF@nature.scot and we will arrange for an Adviser to contact you to discuss your application. You should include a brief outline of your proposed project activities, noting the ‘Areas for Action’ and ‘Targeted action’ priorities relevant to your project. This will ensure the most appropriate Adviser gets in touch with you. If possible, please also include a summary of pre-project discussions and consultation that you have undertaken (including details of any discussions with NatureScot colleagues), how advanced project planning is and an indicative value of the funding you’ll seek.
If we assess that your proposed project could meet the NRF priorities, we’ll send you an application form, with a unique project reference number, to complete. This will only be made available to those projects who have been in touch and have been offered the opportunity to submit a full application. We will not accept any applications without a project reference number. The opportunity to complete a full application does not guarantee that it will be successful.
Full Applications must be submitted by noon on 11 March 2022.
To allow for expected demand, please email us with your expression of interest, outlining your potential application by noon on 18 February 2022. If you contact us after this date we can’t guarantee we’ll be able to respond before the application submission deadline of 11 March 2022.
- Information for Applicants Guidance
- Priorities for Action Guidance
- How to Acknowledge our support for your project Guidance for NRF – this guidance will be added at a later date.
- Financial Information and Records Guidance
- NatureScot Standard Terms and Conditions of Funding - you need to read and accept these conditions when you apply.
- Landowner Permission form - statement to be signed by all relevant landowners agreeing to 10 year compliance period for all land management and site improvement works funded through NRF. Completed declarations will need to be sent to the relevant NatureScot Funding Officer or NRF@nature.scot prior to any Funding Offer being issued.
- Funding Privacy Notice - outlines how our use of personal data complies with data protection law.
If you have any questions on the application process or the fund, please email NRF@nature.scot in the first instance.
We may adjust the process or documents in response to feedback from applicants. For version control purposes, changes or updates will be clearly marked on the website. It is the applicants’ responsibility to ensure the most up to date versions are used at the time of submission.