- Maintain hand hygiene
- Follow physical distancing guidelines
While you are out and about, please take extra care to follow the Scottish Outdoor Access Code.
Thank you for your patience and support; we look forward to welcoming you back safely.
A natural haven
Creag Meagaidh National Nature Reserve (NNR) is the complete mountain experience. From wild mountain plateau to woodland that’s slowly returning to life, Creag Meagaidh feels like the Highlands compressed into one reserve. The dramatic scenery here includes Munro summits, an exposed whaleback ridge and ice-carved gullies.
Whether you want serious hillwalking, ice-climbing, low-level walks, birdwatching or botany, there’s something here for everyone.
- This is one of Scotland’s best areas for walking and climbing.
- Look out for mountain hare, red deer and ptarmigan on the high slopes.
- Explore the rich tapestry of woodland habitats returning to the lower slopes.
- Enjoy views of the dramatic mountain scenery.
Find out more about the reserve and its natural history.
Visit our Events page to see what upcoming events you can get involved in at this reserve.
Reserve manager: Rory Richardson
Find out more
Discover more about why Scotland’s National Nature Reserves were created and the partners who manage them.
Follow our NNR Facebook page for up-to-date information on reserves across Scotland
Follow NatureScot’s Scotland’s Nature blog and find interesting articles on Scotland’s natural heritage
Enjoyed your visit?