- Maintain hand hygiene
- Follow physical distancing guidelines
While you are out and about, please take extra care to follow the Scottish Outdoor Access Code.
On top of the world
The mountain Ben Wyvis is a local personality. Its flat ridge dominates the Easter Ross landscape. The hike to the summit rewards you with panoramic views across the Highlands. Dotterel and ptarmigan are found on the mossy summit plateau and the plants here have adapted to the harsh conditions.
Find out more about visiting Ben Wyvis NNR.
• Hike to the summit of this Munro on a good path for spectacular mountain views.
• Keep an eye out for our mountain specialists such as ptarmigan and mountain hares in their seasonal plumage. Dotterel can be seen in summer and snow bunting in winter.
• Enjoy the fantastic range of plants that grow on the slopes – including upland specialities such as dwarf birch, several dwarf shrubs, mosses, liverworts and lichens.
• If you’re lucky, you may even spot a soaring golden eagle.
Find out more about the reserve and its natural history.
Follow our NNR Facebook page for up-to-date information on reserves across Scotland.
Follow NatureScot’s Scotland’s Nature blog and find interesting articles on Scotland’s natural heritage.
Ben Wyvis NNR is a member of VisitScotland. Ben Wyvis NNR is a member of the GTBS (Green Tourism Business Scheme).
Enjoyed your visit?
- Make a donation to support nature and visitor facilities on our NNRs.
- Let us know what you thought on TripAdvisor.
Discover more about why Scotland’s National Nature Reserves were created and the partners who manage them.