NatureScot offers a wide variety of exciting nature based work and career opportunities for young people. We have a variety of entry level roles such as Modern and Graduate Apprenticeships and Trainee positions found across Scotland. They include technical, scientific, specialist and support type roles. All posts give the opportunity to learn and develop new and transferrable skills contributing to the delivery of our priority work. NatureScot supports a flexible approach to working and location (unless there is a specific locational base associated with the post). We are an inclusive employer keen to attract talent from across a wide spectrum of backgrounds and experience. If you want to find out more please visit our Vacancies page.
Have a look at some of our young NatureScot staff and hear their experiences and tips on how to get started with a career in the environmental sector.
Find out more
- Nature-based jobs and skills
- Nature-based Jobs and Skills Conference - 13 March 2023
- Nature-based Jobs and Skills Week - 13-17 March 2023
- NatureScot and Youth Engagement
- Podcast: attracting young people to green jobs
- Podcast: unlocking potential through apprenticeships
- Young people and the outdoors
- Young People - Learning Outdoors and Developing Skills.
- Working and volunteering with us
- Current vacancies