In this episode we hear about NatureScot’s Programme for Youth employment, a programme helping to develop nature based skills to support the fight against climate change and nature loss.
Since 2021 we’ve offered around 40 jobs for younger employees including project and practical placements, apprenticeships, and trainee roles right across the organisation, from support roles in finance to outdoor work on nature reserves.
We chat to two of our placements Ceara Webster and Amy Kidd. Ceara works on embedding behavioural change and co-design approaches, and Amy is now a Licensing Officer. We hear about their career paths so far and what more we can do to encourage young people into green jobs and the nature sector.
- Young People - Learning Outdoors and Developing Skills. For information on outdoor learning for teachers and youth workers
- NatureScot and Youth Engagement to find out more about the programmes and projects we are involved with to increase access, engagement and environmental decision-making of young people in nature.
- Attracting young talent to NatureScot
- Video playlist: early career advice for budding environmentalists
- Young people and the outdoors
- Working and volunteering with us
- Current vacancies
- Nature-based jobs and skills