FIRNS - How to Apply
FIRNS is currently closed for Expressions of Interest and applications. Applicants for the second round of FIRNS will be informed of decisions in April 2024.
The delivery timeline of the second round of FIRNS is shown below.
- Announcement and opening of expressions of interest phase: 2 October 2023
- Deadline for Expressions of Interest to be submitted: noon 3 November 2023
- Application form available: 1 December 2023
- Applications deadline: noon 26 January 2024
- Announcement of successful applications by: April 2024
You may also be interested to read about funding that is available from the National Lottery Heritage Fund (NLHF).
You can find a series of seminars and workshops hosted by NatureScot, National Lottery Heritage Fund and the Green Finance institute to understand the different stages of the investment-readiness project development pathway. Additional workshops to support potential applicants are planned for this current round.
If you have any questions on the fund or would like to be added to our mailing list, please email [email protected] in the first instance.
FIRNS - Supporting Documents
- FIRNS Procurement Guidance
- FIRNS How to Acknowledge our support for your project
- Fair Work First - guidance for funding applicants
- Fair Work First - employer declaration form - to be completed by funding recipients to provide evidence of complying with the Fair Work First Policy. Completed declarations and related evidence should be sent to your NatureScot Funding Officer or [email protected] prior to any Funding Offer being issued.
- Financial Information and Records Guidance
- NatureScot Standard Terms and Conditions of Funding - you need to read and accept these conditions when you apply.
- Funding Privacy Notice - outlines how our use of personal data complies with data protection law.