Main aims and partners
The Highland Green Health Partnership vision is:
To develop opportunities and build on existing resources to support individuals and communities to improve their health and wellbeing, and build resilience through engaging with and appreciating the natural environment.
- to get more people to use the outdoor environment and more regularly
- to contribute to reducing health inequalities by targeting activity at those who are most in need
- to co-ordinate partnership efforts on use of the outdoor environment for health
- to identify existing assets, make links between them and identify gaps in provision
- to develop a network of those with an interest in promoting the outdoor environment for health
- to create a shared learning environment
The partnership is made up of representatives from Scottish Natural Heritage, NHS Highland, The Highland Council, The Highland Third Sector Interface, High Life Highland and the University of Highlands and Islands (UHI) as well as representative medical practitioners.
Ailsa Villegas - Senior Health Development Officer – Green Health
Follow us on Twitter: @GHealthHighland