The Peatland ACTION Fund is open to applications.
Our funding from Scottish Government primarily supports on-the-ground restoration activities. Building on the work undertaken to date we are now also looking to fund large-scale projects over multiple years, for which we will, where appropriate, make multi-year offers.
For delivery on the ground in the financial year 2021/22 your application must be submitted no later than midnight on 30 September 2021.
We encourage applications at any time but you should apply as soon as possible. We recommend you apply 12 weeks before your intended start date, this is to allow time for us to complete our assessment and decision making in good time for you to start your project.
If you are interested in developing a project, please contact us at [email protected] before completing or submitting your application.
Please read our Funding Privacy Notice which outlines how our use of personal data complies with data protection law.
In addition to the documents below you will need to refer to our information on:
- Peatland restoration and the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 – Information for Applicants
- Peat depth and peatland condition survey and recording form guidance
- Spatial data templates and guidance (including Site boundaries - What are they and how do I draw them?)
- NatureScot Standard Terms and Conditions of Funding
- How to Acknowledge our support for your project
Disclaimer: Scottish Natural Heritage (SNH) has changed its name to NatureScot as of the 24th August 2020.
At the time of publishing, this document may still refer to Scottish Natural Heritage (SNH) and include the original branding. It may also contain broken links to the old domain.
If you have any issues accessing this document please contact us via our feedback form.