Contact details: Biodiversity@nature.scot
NatureScot is Scotland’s Nature Agency leading the way towards a nature-rich future. The climate emergency and Scotland’s nature crisis are two of our biggest challenges. We are working with Scottish Government and our many partners to restore and revitalise nature whilst supporting the drive to net zero.
What is the purpose of the survey?
NatureScot is Scotland’s Nature Agency leading the way towards a nature-rich future, where we have a healthy environment, biodiversity is on the increase, and everyone is involved in access to nature and decision-making processes. The climate emergency and Scotland’s nature crisis are two of our biggest challenges. We are working with Scottish Government and our many partners to restore and revitalise nature whilst supporting the drive to net zero.
We are now preparing our next Corporate Plan which covers what we aim to do from 2022 to 2026. Our Corporate Plan outlines what a nature-rich Scotland should look like and what NatureScot will do to reach it. You can see our current Corporate Plan here. To ensure our Corporate Plan reflects the vision of Scotland’s people, we want to know what you think.
Therefore, please tell us what your vision is for a nature-rich Scotland by filling out this survey. We want to know what you prioritise and what you think is missing. Your views will not only be fed into the shaping of the Corporate Plan, but help us decide what activities we should be focuses on in delivering the Corporate Plan.
This survey is for young people which we have classed at 30 years old and under. Participation in the survey is voluntary, you do not have to participate if you do not wish to. By filling in this survey you agree for your answers to be used solely to inform the Corporate Plan process. If you have any questions regarding the survey, please contact email@example.com.
Therefore, we are inviting you/your child to tell us what their vision is for a nature-rich Scotland by filling out this survey. We want to know what young people prioritise and what they think is missing. Their views will not only be fed into the shaping of the Corporate Plan, but help us decide what activities we should be focused on in delivering the Corporate Plan.
Why have I/has my child been invited to take part?
You/Your child has been invited because:
- NatureScot is interested in their perspective as a young person on what makes a nature-rich Scotland
- NatureScot would like to incorporate the views of young people in Scotland into our work, shaping the Corporate Plan
Do I/they have to take part?
No. Your /your child’s participation is voluntary and you do not have to agree for them to take part, without giving a reason.
What will happen to my/my child if they take part?
If you/your child agree/s to take part in this survey, you/they will be asked to participate in the following:
- You/they will be asked to complete this online survey to give their opinions on what you/they feel is most important when moving towards a nature-rich future
Are there any potential risks involved?
- It is unlikely that the questions in this survey will cause distress. However, if you/your child feels at any time that any of the questions cause you/them distress, you/they may stop the survey with no penalty. You are also encouraged to seek support from NHS mental health services if required.
- To mitigate the risk of COVID-19 transmission this survey is taking place online. Please do not go outside and increase personal risk for the sake of completing the survey
Are there any potential benefits to participation?
By participating in this survey you/your child will be contributing to opinions that will help shape NatureScot’s Corporate Plan, 2022-2026. NatureScot is Scotland’s Nature Agency working with Scottish Government and our many partners to restore and revitalise nature whilst supporting the drive to net zero. By participating, you/your child is helping us to develop strategies that are more representative of the nation’s vision for what a nature-rich Scotland looks like.
Will their data be kept confidential?
- All responses are anonymised
- Your child’s data will be kept confidential and access within the organisation restricted following GDPR guidelines.
What will happen to the results of the survey?
- The findings of this survey will be incorporated into the shaping of NatureScot’s Corporate Plan, 2022-2026
- The Corporate Plan will be publicly available upon publishing for you and your child to view
- The Corporate Plan will be added to the NatureScot website, which is publicly accessible
Who do I contact if I have any questions or concerns about this survey?
If you have any further questions or concerns about this survey, please email firstname.lastname@example.org who will direct you to the project, we will be more than happy to answer them for you.
Thank you for reading this information and considering your/your child’s participation in the survey.