Make Space for Nature
Our Make Space for Nature page has lots of helpful tips. Wrap up warm and try our top tips to help yourself and nature - for now and for the future.
Taking part in Citizen Science is a really useful and fun way of helping the environment and expanding our scientific knowledge. By getting involved you really can make a difference! Check out the Citizen Science survey ideas.
The Outdoor Learning Directory
The Outdoor Learning Directory news section signposts regularly updated nature-based news, activities and resources from Scotland, the UK and further afield, with some great ideas for parents and carers to do during lockdown.
This directory is a collaboration between NatureScot, Cairngorms National Park, Loch Lomond and the Trossachs National Park, Scottish Forestry, Forestry and Land Scotland, Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh, Scottish Environmental Protection Agency and Historic Environment Scotland.
Many of you will have children at home and will be looking for ways to entertain them. We have links to ideas and activities that you can do from your own home or out on walks.
- Follow our National Nature Reserve Blogs e.g. The Isle of May National Nature Reserve blog
- Take a virtual tour of our NNRs with our podcast series.
- RSPB - Give Nature a Home Activities
- Scottish Wildlife Trust – Helping Nature at Home
- Loch of the Lowes Osprey Webcam
- Woodland Trust – 10 nature activities for self-isolating with kids
- 10 Back Garden Nature Activities to do with kids – My Kid’s Time
- CBBC Gardening with kids - encourage those little green fingers
- CBBC Mr Bloom’s Nursery – lots of fun activities
- Loch Leven NNR - activities
Gaelic Teaching Resources – Bespoke Gaelic-medium teaching resources aimed at connecting young people with nature through sustainable foraging.
Find out more
NHS Scotland Test and Protect
NHS Scotland Protect Scotland App
Scotland's National Nature Reserves - visiting and volunteering for each reserve